Eligibility and Registration Information.
How do I register to vote? Am I eligible? Where do I register to vote?
Am I Eligible to Vote?
To be eligible to vote in Bexar County, you must
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be 18 years old on election day.
- Be a resident of Bexar County.
- Not be a convicted felon, unless your sentence is complete (including any probation or parole).
- Not be declared mentally incapacitated by a court of law.
How do I register to vote in Bexar County?
How to Register to Vote in Bexar County
- Applications are available from libraries, post offices, and the driver's license bureau or call the Voter Registration Office at (210) 335-VOTE (8683) to request an application. For online (see how below).
- Your spouse, parent or child may register a qualified voter.
- Students may register and vote in the county they declare as their permanent residence.
- Send the completed application to
Voter Registration Office
203 W. Nueva Suite 3.61
San Antonio, Tx 78207
When Should I Register to Vote? (October 7 is the last day to register for the November 2013 Election)
When to Register
How to Keep Voter Registration Up to Date
- Applications are accepted at any time.
- You must register 30 days prior to the day of the election in which you wish to vote. (October 7 is the last day to register for the November 2013 Election.)
- Seventeen-year-old citizens may register 60 days before their eighteenth birthday.
- Always vote.
- When you move within the county or change your name, request a change form from the county voter registrar.
- If you move out of county, you must re-register with the county of your new residence.
- Address change must be completed 30 days prior to Election Day.
- You may return to your former precinct to vote for 90 days after a move.
How do I apply for a voter registration application form online?
From the website above(the Texas Secretary of State office), you can have a voter registration application mailed to you (or print it out yourself). When the application arrives, you'll need to fill it out, follow all instructions, and sign it. Then mail it to the Voter Registrar in the county where you live. A list of all the Texas counties and their registrars is also at the website. You can click here to find it.
Helpful Numbers and Websites
HELPFUL NUMBERS AND WEB SITES
League of Women Voters, San Antonio 657-2206
Web site: http://www.lwvsanantonio.org
State League of Women Voters 512-472-1100
Web site: http://www.lwvtexas.org
San Antonio City Council 207-7040
Web site: http://www.sanantonio.gov/council
City of San Antonio 311
Web site: http://www.ci.sat.tx.us
Bexar County Elections Department 335-8683