At Australia Post, we know privacy is important to you – it is to us too. That’s why we’re committed to maintaining your trust by protecting your privacy, keeping you informed about how we handle your personal information and keeping your personal information safe and secure. This Privacy Statement applies to Australia Post and all Australian-based subsidiaries of the Australia Post Group.
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. This version was last updated on 23 May 2023.
Australia Post does more than just deliver your mail. That means there are lots of ways you interact with us, and many ways we might collect personal information about you. We may collect your personal information when you:
- shop online and order a parcel through a merchant that uses our delivery services
- contact our customer services team
- are sent a parcel by someone else
- create or update an account with us, such as your MyPost or MyPost Business account
- order, purchase or use one of our products or services
- interact with us in person, on our website or on our mobile apps
- fill in an application online or in one of our Post Offices
- undertake a transaction in our Post Offices or online, such as an identity check or a banking transaction.
The information we collect may include:
- Contact information – for example, your name, address, phone number or email for purposes such as providing our services, communicating with you or providing delivery tracking.
- Identity information – for example, your ID document details for purposes such as facilitating some financial transactions or for us to verify your identity on behalf of another organisation.
- Financial information – for example, your account name, credit card details, BSB and account number for purposes such as when you make a payment or undertake a Bank@Post transaction.
- Information when you visit our websites or use our mobile apps – we may use automated tracking technologies, such as cookies and pixels to collect information including your IP address, details of your device or browser, the web pages you visit and your online interactions to improve our customer experience and performance across our digital products. We may also use collected information to tailor the information, content, marketing/advertising and offers you see from us and to deliver relevant content to our customers. We also collect information to measure the effectiveness of our communication and marketing, including from third parties, to improve our services. If you have identified yourself to us (for example, if you’ve logged in via an App or website or a service like MyPost, or you have clicked an email or message link), information automatically collected may be associated with Australia Post Customer Number. Any use or disclosure of your information will be in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by privacy law.
- Information about your use of our products and services – such as which products you use, and your preferences relating to those products.