Add peace of mind to your delivery
If you’d like extra peace of mind when sending an item, you can add Extra Cover.1 It provides loss or damage cover up to the specified value of your item (up to $5,000) while it’s being carried by Australia Post.
- Extra cover costs $0 for the first $100 of cover and $2.50 for each subsequent $100 of cover (above $100 included cover) up to $5000.
- You must add $2.95 for Signature on Delivery if your item is valued above $500 (this does not apply to Registered Post, as it’s already included).
If you don’t purchase Extra Cover and your item is lost or damaged while in our care, you may still be eligible for compensation. We offer this for most items you send with us, with eligibility of claims assessed on a case-by-case basis. A refund of postage may also be payable. Extra Cover and any compensation offered under the Australia Post Terms and Conditions are in addition to any rights and remedies you may have under the Australian Consumer Law.
How to add Extra Cover
- Simply ask to purchase Extra Cover when you pay for postage at a Post Office
- You can also add Extra Cover after you’ve bought your satchel or postage label – just ask for it at your Post Office before you send your item
- If you’re printing your shipping labels online using your MyPost Business account, you can add Extra Cover during the order process
Sending an item? Learn more about what’s not eligible for Extra Cover.
Please note if you’re a business or online retailer with an Australia Post eParcel contract in place, your items are not eligible for Extra Cover – instead you can choose Transit Cover for loss or damage cover.
These exclusions do not limit any rights or remedies you may have under the Australian Consumer Law. Find out more here.
Making a claim
Find out how to lodge a claim for lost or damaged items carried by Australia Post.
Want to know your item has been delivered and signed for? Signature on Delivery2 captures a signature of the recipient once the item has been delivered.
How to add this feature
Simply choose Signature on Delivery as an additional feature when you pay for your item in-store or online via MyPost Business.
Adding this feature after you've bought your satchel or postage label? You can purchase Signature on Delivery at a Post Office.
Please note: It may not be possible to capture a Signature on Delivery when delivering to Post Office Boxes or Parcel lockers where the receiver has given us authority to deliver without requiring a signature.
Email Track Advice will provide the recipient of the parcel with email updates about the progress of their parcel through its delivery journey.
How to add this feature
You must opt in for this service at the time of lodgement. If using MyPost Business, select this feature when entering the recipient's address details.