Choose the right mailing solution for your communications strategy, whether you're running a federal, state or local campaign. Find out how to use each mailing option, from targeting specific locations to preparing your articles for lodgement.
If you need help with managing your mailouts, you can engage one of our Bulk Mail Partners.
Unaddressed Mail2 is a low-cost option for the bulk delivery of flyers, letters and postcards, and is suitable for MPs or candidates wanting to reach their constituents based on electorate or locality. Unaddressed Mail is delivered by postal rounds that best fit the delivery criteria.
If you’re new to letterbox advertising our letterbox advertising guide (PDF 2.18MB) can help get you started.
Read our guides to help you or your printer/mailhouse book campaigns online.
- Unaddressed Mail Online Bookings: A Guide for Members of Parliament, Political Parties, Election Candidates and Local Government (PDF 2.3MB)
- Unaddressed Mail Online Bookings: A guide for Mail Houses, Printers and Agencies (PDF 2.2MB)
You can also access Campaign Targeter, our online mapping tool, to help you plan and map your own campaigns.
Read our guides to help you or your printer map campaigns in Campaign Targeter.
Standard - Articles delivered within 15 business days of booking.
Premium - Articles delivered within 7 business days of booking.
First Campaign Week (for federal elections only).
The most cost-effective size is:
- maximum size Small (for example DL flyer)
- dimensions 130 x 240mm
- thickness 5mm
- maximum weight 50g.
Large sizes and other weights are also available.
Areas that can be targeted include:
- federal electorates
- state electorates
- local government areas (LGAs)
- geographic areas by postal round using Campaign Targeter.
All customers need to complete a booking form (PDF 108kB).
- Book at least 10 business days before the delivery week. Bookings close Mondays at 5pm3.
- Send completed form to email@example.com.
- Book at least three business days before the delivery week. Bookings close Wednesdays at 5pm.
- Send completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequent senders of Unaddressed Mail can book directly through UM Online. You can book instantly and keep track of your bookings. You’ll need to register first by sending a completed form to email@example.com.
Contact your Account Manager for government and candidate contract rates.
Preparing your mail
- Bundle your flyers following the instructions in the 'Unaddressed Mail preparation advice' document provided by the Unaddressed Mail (UM) team with your booking confirmation.
- Order mail trays from your lodgement facility (allow three days for delivery).
- The UM team will email labels to you or if you are booking using UM Online, you can download your own labels.
Lodging your mail
Lodge articles before midday:
- for other state delivery – seven business days prior to the Monday of the nominated delivery week.
- for same state delivery – five business days prior to the Monday of the nominated delivery week.
Delivery is between Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
Lodge articles before midday on the business day before the nominated delivery week, usually a Friday.
Delivery is between Monday and Friday, excluding public holidays.
Premium bookings may be accepted where the nominated lodgement or delivery week includes a public holiday – additional fees and charges apply, please refer to the website.
Paperwork to include:
- Booking Confirmation Advice
- Unaddressed Mail Preparation Advice
- Unaddressed Mail Booking Form
- A mail sample (unsealed if enveloped)
- Read our step-by-step Unaddressed Mail guide (PDF 2.6MB)
- Learn more about Unaddressed Mail on our website
- See our Unaddressed Mail Service Guide (PDF 1.8MB)
- Register for our Campaign Targeter tool to map your campaigns.
- Register to book Unaddressed Mail online (PDF 43kB)
Have questions? Contact your Account Manager or call Unaddressed Mail Customer Services on 1300 223 571.
Mail is a trusted and inclusive communication channel. Use addressed mail and focus your strategy based on constituent behaviours and your own data.
Here are our most popular mail services to use during an election or a referendum. View other mailing options including bulk mail options.
Electoral candidates and political parties can save on postage when sending bulk volumes of addressed promotional mail up to eight weeks prior to a government election or referendum, with the option for Priority delivery.
Articles must be promotional in nature. The mail piece needs to provide political or campaign information, or member, party or policy information, intended to win favour of constituents. The information can include how to vote information or polling locations when it is incorporated within the letter or pre-populated with candidate selection, e.g. Vote 1 Mary Smith.
For Small articles only: