Most changes to your existing mail redirection or mail hold service need to be made using the alter or cancel form and finalised in person at the Post Office (because we may need to process a refund, collect a payment or check your ID). But there are a few changes you can make using our online forms.

Change details or cancel

Complete the Alter or Cancel form (PDF 512kb) and lodge it in person at the Post Office (please bring ID with you) if you’d like to:

  • Add or remove names. You can also call 13 POST (13 76 78) to add names
  • Change the start or end date
  • Change an address
  • Cancel your service

Please complete both pages of the form – one will be your copy to keep. Learn more about fees and refunds.

Change or cancel on your behalf

If you're overseas or can't get to a Post Office, you can have someone lodge the completed Alter or Cancel form (PDF 512kb) on your behalf. They’ll need to provide ID and written authority from you (the original applicant listed) that includes:

  • Date
  • Customer reference number (from the original application)
  • Reason for authority
  • Name and signature of proxy
  • Your name and signature.

Spelling mistakes

If you notice a spelling mistake in your mail redirection or hold, please call us.

Extend your service

Extend online or in person at the Post Office. Find out more about extending your service.

Report a problem

If your mail redirection or mail hold isn’t working properly please complete our online enquiry form so we can investigate.


If you decide to cancel your mail redirection or mail hold service, you may be entitled to a refund. 

To request a refund, please submit an Alter or Cancel form (PDF 512kb) in person at your nearest Post Office. You’ll also need to show: 

  • the original retail application and receipt, or the tax invoice email
  • valid photo ID